Associate Principal Scientist/Sr. Scientist – Cell Engineering
Job # PRE000571
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us. Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
BioProcesss Development is seeking a highly motivated and experienced scientist in the Cell Line Development group to help develop and characterize early and late stage mammalian commercial cell lines to support innovative biological pipeline projects. The successful candidate should have an in-depth understanding of cell biology, molecular genetics and working experience with next generation sequencing data using common NGS tools and integrating complex ‘omics data.
Candidate must have experience in executing complex study designs requiring highly organized data collection and management. The selected candidate will be expected to work independently, including proactive planning, trouble shooting and successful execution of complex experimental protocols for cell line development and technology assessment. The selected candidate will be developed to serve as a technical lead and functional area representative on project teams.
– PhD in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, or related Biological Sciences with a minimum of 4 years of post-doctoral experience in industry and or academia or
– MS degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related Biological Sciences with at least 8 years of cell culture related experience.
– Experienced in Next Generation Sequencing, or proteomics and current bioinformatics
– data analysis tools.
– Experienced in pathway analysis of transcriptome profile with common analysis tools.
– Experience in stem cell culture.
– Experienced in chromosome spreading and FISH techniques.
– Deep knowledge of DNA vector design and construction.- Experienced in genome editing with mammalian cells.
– Experience of database and statistical software (e.g. Excel, Access, JMP)
– Familiar with method of cell count, cell viability measurement, ELISA and FACS staining.
– Demonstrated hands on expertise of automation and high throughput screening; analysis and interpretation data.
– Candidate has experience in handling large number of sample preparation and analysis and generating reports.
– Experience in equipment programming and maintenance including liquid handlers and small scale column chromatography, i.e. Tecan, FACS Aria and Waters UPLC.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work in team environment.
– Excellent project leadership skills in driving for results and innovation.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
To be considered for this position, please visit our career site at merck.com/careers, search jobs, create a profile and submit your resume for requisition # PRE000571 to: https://jobs.msd.com/MSD/job/Kenilworth-Associate-Principal-Scientist-Cell-Engineering-Job-NJ-07033/359265300/
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations. For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit: EEOC Poster EEOC GINA Supplement