Associate Research Scientist
Columbia University’s Department of Biomedical Informatics is seeking two qualified candidates with interest in clinical research informatics and related applications in advancing clinical and translational sciences. The qualified candidates will participate in IRB-approved and NIH-funded research studies to develop EHR phenotyping methods and to advance clinical data sciences.
This opening is enabled by several NIH funded research projects.
Duties and Responsibilities: The ideal applicants are expected to be supervised and mentored by Associate Professor Chunhua Weng and work closely with a highly collaborative interdisciplinary team including experts in clinical phenotyping, system biology, bioinformatics, translational informatics, and clinical informatics to (1) conduct innovative and reproducible research using electronic health records and public phenotype knowledge resources guided by the specific aims in the funded project and (2) disseminate results through quality publications and open-source algorithms and software.
Position Qualifications: Suitable applicants should
1. Requires a Ph.D. in Computer Science/Engineering, Biomedical or Electronic Engineering, Data Science, Biostatistics, Biomedical or Health Informatics, Information Science, or other quantitatively oriented population health fields; or an M.D. with a strong computational background;
2. be experienced with modern statistical analysis, data mining and machine learning methods
3. be proficient with computer programming in popular languages such as Python or Java
4. have had at least two peer-reviewed publications in high-impact journals or premiere conferences;
5. have excellent written and oral English communication skills, especially for foreign applicants
If you are interested in applying for this position. Please use link provided http://pa334.peopleadmin.com/postings/3349 and submit an application for the position of Associate Research Scientist. Requisition number 0000758.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.