Position Title: Postdoctoral Research Scientist
Organization Name: Department of Biomedical Informatics, Columbia University
Location: The City of New York, NY
Two postdoctoral positions are immediately available for highly motivated individuals to work with Dr. Chunhua Weng in the Department of Biomedical Informatics at Columbia University in New York City. This clinical research informatics lab is focused on designing innovative socio-technical approaches to improve the design and conduct of clinical and translational research. This position may involve (a) analysis and modeling of vast amounts of health data and text from heterogeneous data sources for population modeling, patient representation, cohort selection, and practice-based semantic knowledge management; and (b) working directly with clinical research stakeholders (e.g., patients, researchers, and policy makers) to understand and characterize stakeholder user needs and clinical trial design and conduct processes and to design user-facing software to address the identified user needs.
This position will be funded by active NIH grants. The publications in the lab can be found at http://people.dbmi.columbia.edu/~chw7007/research_topics.html.
1. Have a PhD in related fields (biomedical informatics, computer science/engineering, information science, electronic engineering, (bio)-statistics, physics, or data science.)
2. Have at least two first author papers written in English in previous area of research with accepted or published status in respected journals or conference proceedings
3. Be good at programming and data analytics
4. Be proficient in spoken and written communication
5. Be able to visit New York City for interviews without a visa application. This is imperative.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Postdoctoral application.