JOB TITLE: Senior Staff Associate/Staff Associate
GRADE LEVEL: Officer of Research
BASIC PURPOSE: The Department of Biomedical Informatics together with the Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer seeks to hire a skilled individual to work as a Staff Associate for funded research in breast cancer prevention. The main scope of the research is the identification of high-risk women for breast cancer prevention and early intervention and to expand genetic testing for hereditary breast and ovarian cancer syndrome (HBOC) to a broader population of high-risk women. This is a great position for a self-motivated and energetic individual who is interested in cancer prevention, applied research, informatics, health information technology, and implementation science.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The incumbent will report directly to the Principal Investigators with responsibilities that include but are not limited to:
1) Developing and implementing engagement efforts of healthcare practice sites and recruiting providers and patients into study.
2) Assessing recruitment/implementation barriers and assisting with developing resolutions to meet recruitment goals and productivity.
3) Cultivating liaisons and working collaboratively with providers at practice sites to implement study protocol.
4) Reporting study progress to PIs and develop detailed plans and schedules for the scope of the project.
5) Organizing and participating in weekly research team meetings. The incumbent will also have the opportunity to pursue scholarly work.
6) Assisting in the design and administration of quantitative surveys.
7) Conducting descriptive and inferential statistical analyses.
8) Assisting in qualitative data collection, coding and thematic analysis when mixed methods are needed.
9) Assisting in writing submissions for scientific conferences, manuscripts, and future grants. They will perform other related duties as assigned. May supervise staff and develop preliminary budgets. The incumbent will practice GCP and FDA regulations and will fulfill regulatory and reporting requirements for clinical research protocols.
Staff Associate – Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in public health, information science, or informatics plus 4 years of experience.
Senior Staff Associate – Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in public health, information science, or informatics plus 8 years of experience.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: The position requires excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills, attention to detail and the ability to exercise independent judgment within the scope of the research in order to meet expected goals. The candidate will work with other research staff to conduct the study including recruitment, assessments, and follow-up, preparation of documents for renewals, modifications, yearly submissions, correspondence, and audit related to IRB. Knowledge of a statistical software package and qualitative research desirable.
Interested applicants should apply for this position by logging on to the Columbia website:
https://academicjobs.columbia.edu and submit an application for the position of Senior Staff Associate/Staff Associate, Job requisition number 0007830.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.