Post-doctoral Position in Chemical Systems Biology at Columbia University Medical Center
Keywords: precision medicine, drug discovery, drug safety, clinical data mining, chemical biology
Description: A Postdoctoral Research Scientist position is immediately available in the Department of Biomedical Informatics (DBMI). The position is to lead our efforts to develop novel computational and statistical algorithms to study drug safety using clinical and biochemical data. The postdoctoral scientist will have the opportunity to work with the Clinical Data Warehouse (CDW) at NYP/CUMC. The CUMC CDW contains electronic health record data (diseases, diagnoses, treatments, pathology reports, etc.) for more than 4 million patients treated at a top academic hospital in one of the most diverse communities in the world. The research lead by this position will be integral to the efforts of our precision medicine initiative.
Informal inquires regarding the position are welcome and can be sent to either Dr. Tatonetti (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- PhD (completed or near completion) in biomedical informatics, molecular biology, human genetics, computational biology, physics, or a related field
- Less than five years of postdoctoral experience
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills with fluency in spoken and written English
- Established track record of publishing in peer-reviewed research journals
- Experience with computational, statistical and/or mathematical models
- Familiarity with experimental molecular biology protocols and sequencing technology
Interested and qualified applicants should apply for this position by logging on to the Columbia website https://academicjobs.columbia.edu and submit an application for the position of Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Job Requisition Number 0005830.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.