Postdoctoral Research Scientist (Statistical, Data Mining, Machine Learning)
Duties and Responsibilities: This opening is enabled by several NIH funded research projects. The ideal applicant is expected to work closely with a highly collaborative interdisciplinary team including experts in clinical phenotyping, system biology, bioinformatics, translational informatics, and clinical informatics to (1) conduct innovative and reproducible research using electronic health records and public phenotype knowledge resources guided by the specific aims in the funded project and (2) disseminate results through quality publications and open-source algorithms and softwares.
Position Qualifications: Suitable postdoctoral applicants should
1. hold a Ph.D. in Computer Science/Engineering, Biomedical or Electronic Engineering, Data Science, Biostatistics, Biomedical or Health Informatics, Information Science, or other quantitatively oriented population health fields; or an M.D. with a strong computational background;
2. be experienced with modern statistical analysis, data mining and machine learning methods
3. be proficient with computer programming in popular languages such as Python or Java
4. have had at least two peer-reviewed publications in high-impact journals or premiere conferences;
5. have excellent written and oral English communication skills, especially for foreign applicants
*Letter of intent and CV: All applicants must submit a brief research statement, along with their CV and references to email@example.com with the subject line as “Postdoc Application.”
**Statement of objectives and goals: Applicants should describe why they are interested in this opening. Please address interests and goals, related to (i) research and (ii) education, as well as (iii) career goals and career development plans.