Postdoctoral Research Scientist
Purpose: A Postdoctoral Research Scientist position is available in the Department of Biomedical Informatics (DBMI) at Columbia University Medical Center. The Postdoctoral Research Scientist will work with Dr. Sarah Rossetti to conduct research within the fields of (EHR) data integration, machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), and clinical decision support (CDS) using a large amount of electronic health records data.
The Postdoctoral Research Scientist will participate in using innovative methods and advanced machine learning tools to conduct text and data mining for predictive pattern recognition of patients at risk of deterioration in the hospital to develop and implement a CDS alert using a SmartApp. Additionally, the Postdoctoral Research Scientist will work on evaluation of the CDS alert within our clinical trial.
Responsibilities: The Postdoctoral Research Scientist will work within a multidisciplinary research team to explore and advance areas in health information technology. He/she will both contribute to ongoing research projects and propose research projects that will be suitable for external funding and will be encouraged to prepare and submit a career development award proposal, as well as other research proposals as appropriate, and to lead publications.
• PhD degree in biomedical informatics, nursing informatics, computer science, information science, computational linguistics, data mining, or a closely related field; or an MD/PharmD with demonstrated strength in Biomedical Informatics research.
• Experience in biomedical informatics research; ability to plan and carry out research experiments and projects.
• Candidates with experience in the areas of machine learning, natural language processing/computational linguistics and data modeling are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Programming experience in computer programming languages (e.g., Python, Java, C#, etc).
• Experience with statistical informatics methods.
• Experience with SQL and data warehouses.
• Experience with healthcare interoperability standards, such as FHIR.
• Superior analytical and problem solving skills, including a creative and self-motivated mindset.
• Strong written and oral communication skills required.
• Works independently and participates productively as a team player.
Quick link to submit application: https://pa334.peopleadmin.com/postings/7204
Requisition number – 00002263
• Cover letter
• Three letters of reference preferred, or contact info of references
• Sample publication with clearly stated individual contributions
Please send application materials to Dr. Sarah Rossetti (email@example.com).