Staff Associate I
TITLE: Staff Associate I
BASIC PURPOSE: The Department of Biomedical informatics seeks a Staff Associate. The ideal candidate is expected to support research activities and help with computational tasks and data management in Dr. Chunhua Weng’s lab. The candidate will work under the direction of Dr. Weng.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and enhancing the informatics solutions.
- Needs assessment, design, coding, documentation, testing, and updating.
- Translating technical specifications to meet requirements within the established software framework.
- Make presentations on a regular basis to eMERGE project PIs, executive management, and administrators to report status and obtain direction.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requires bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent in education and experience, plus four years of related experience.
- Strong computational background is expected.
- Proficient in common programming languages such as Java, Python, R, etc.
- Familiar with full stack development including front-end user interfaces and backend database management systems.
- Have an excellent ability to collaborate and be able to work with interdisciplinary teams and support many projects simultaneously
JOB DEMANDING CIRCUMSTANCES:
Must demonstrate successful completion of projects of significant scope and complexity, possess the ability and willingness to work efficiently with faculty, users and staff and perform multiple tasks with competing deadlines. Good judgment and communication skills are essential.
If you are interested in the position, please apply using information and link provided: